1. Short films must not run longer than 20 minutes including titles and credits.
2. Only digital copies submitted through FilmFreeway can be considered by Catalyst Int FF. Applications should include a brief synopsis (20-30 words) and a high res image.
3. All submissions must complete the NOTE indicating which diversity criteria your film has met. See the section below on Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Standards. If films are submitted without this information they will not be considered and the application fee will not be refunded.
4. Catalyst Int FF does not pay screening fees for any of the short films submitted or selected.
5. Submission Deadline February 8th 2021.
6. EARLY BIRD: until OCTOBER 19th 2020
7. Only films completed after January 2019 can be considered.
8. Student films must be submitted with a valid Student I.D. in order to avail of the reduced submission fee.
9. If the film is not in the English language it must have English subtitles.
10. Music and image rights must be cleared for all films.
11. Submissions can be included in all promotional material and publicity.
12. Entry fees are non-refundable.
13.By submitting to Catalyst Int FF you are accepting all the festival regulations and procedures.
Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Criteria
Catalyst Film Festival draws loosely on the British Film Institute’s (BFI) Diversity Standards to select films for festival screening. The underrepresented groups we are prioritising for inclusion are listed here:
- Social and economic exclusion
- Sexual Orientation
When submitting, applicants must explain how their film contributes to reducing underrepresentation in the film industry in two areas:
B) creative leadership.
A) On-screen representation, themes and narratives: if your film has a lead character/s or at least two secondary character/s in the underrepresented group list OR has a storyline or subject matter about an underrepresented character/s or group it qualifies for consideration for the festival.
B) Behind the Camera Representation: If at least one member of your film’s key creative team – writer, director, producer, cinematographer, editor – is on the underrepresented group OR two or more crew member it qualifies for consideration for the festival.
Please note this is not a definitive list and we would welcome queries about films that address under-representation in areas not mentioned here.